Saturday, June 2, 2012

Vivekananda Center of New York-Ramakrishna


May I be born again and again,
and suffer thousands of miseries,
so that I may worship the only God that exists,
the only God I believe in,
the sum total of all souls.
And above all my God the wicked,
my God the miserable,
my God the poor of all races,
of all species,
is the especial object of my worship.


He who is in you and outside of you,
who works through every hand,
who walks through every foot,
whose body you are;
him worship and break all other idols.

He who is the high and the low,
the saint and the sinner,
the god and the worm;
him worship, the visible,
the knowable, the real,
the omnipresent. Break all other idols.

In whom there is neither past life nor future birth,
nor death, nor going nor coming,
in whom we always have been and always will be one; him worship. Break all other idols.

Ay, fools, who  are neglecting the living God and his infinite reflection,
of which the world is full,
and running after imaginary shadows,
leading to quarrels and fights;
him worship, the only visible one. Break all other idols.